Twitter Revolution: How Social Media and Mobile Marketing is Changing the Way We Do Business & Market Online by Warren Whitlock and Deborah Micek (Paperback)
twitter means business: how microblogging can help or hurt your company by Julio Ojeda-Zapata (Paperback)
Twitter: How Short Messages Can Make A Big Difference To Your Business by Joel Comm (Kindle Book)
Twitter in Plain English by Lee & Sachi LeFever (Kindle Edition)
Twitter API: Up and Running: Learn How to Build Applications with the Twitter API by Kevin Makice (Paperback – Coming on March 15, 2009)
- TweetDeck – an Adobe AIR client (Mac/PC)
- Tweetr (Mac/PC)
- TwitterPost (Mac OSX)
- Twhirl – another Adobe AIR client (Mac/PC)
- Fring allows to communicate with members of Skype, MSN, Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, SIP, Twitter, Yahoo! and AIM.
- Hahlo – a web-based client
- PocketTweets (iPhone)
- Tweetsville (iPhone & iPod Touch)
- TreoTwit (Palm OS)
- Twibble (Nokia, BlackBerry, Sony Ericsson)
- Twidroid (Android mobiles)
- Twinkle (iPhone)
- TwitterBerry (BlackBerry)
- TwitterFon (iPhone & iPod Touch)
- Twitterlator (iPhone)
- TwitterMail for tweeting by email
- Twitterrific (iPhone & iPod Touch)
Clients for Multiple Accounts
- Thwirl (Mac/PC) desktop client
- Tweetie (iPhone & iPod Touch)
- Matt – Multiple Account Twitter Tweeting
- TweetBar – Twitter sidebar for Firefox and Flock.
- Twitterbar for tweeting from the Firefox address bar.
- TwitBin – a lightweight sidebar for tweeting.
- TwitterFox provides a tiny icon on the status bar which notifies you when your friends update their tweets. It also has a small text input field to update your tweets.
- TweetyTunes allows you to post your currently playing songs to Twitter.
- TwitterScope allows you to follow the rest of the Twitter conversation from a specified user and see all @replies to that user.
- BeTwittered – a Google widget for Twitter. Post updates without leaving your Google home page. A full Twitter client with tabbed message views, configurable refresh rate, avatars, fonts, etc.
- Twitter Gadget – another Google widget to update your Twitter status and view your Twitter friends from your Google homepage.
- Twidget – a free Dashboard Widget for Mac OS X that allows you to update your Twitter status.
- Twitterflex – another free Dashboard Widget for Mac OS X which allows you to follow friends and update your own status.
- Twitter Search searches Twitter conversations for keywords, hashtags, or @ replies to any user.
- Twitterfeed posts your blog RSS feed to twitter.
- Twitturly – a service for tracking what URLs people are talking about on Twitter.
- twInfluence – a service measuring the combined influence of twitterers and their followers.
- Twitter BlackList a list of known Twitter spammers.
- TwitPic for sharing your photos o Twitter.
- FriendOrFollow Who are you following that’s not following you back? Who’s following you that you’re not following back? Find out!
- Qwitter a notification service when someone stops following you.
- TwitStat – Real time Twitter Analytics
- Twitter Grader – vanity booster or crasher (depending on the grade your profile gets
- Twellow – the directory of Twitter users
- Tweetstats graphs your Twitter usage (tweets per hour, day of the week, month, whom you tweet with, your preferred Twitter client, etc.)
- Official Twitter Blog
- Video: Twitter in Plain English
- Twitter 101
- From Twits to Tweeple, Why I Embraced Twitter and You Should Too
- Twictionary – a dictionary for Twitter
- Twittonary – another Twitter dictionary, focused on Twitter/IM shorthand
- Twitter Fan Wiki
- Using Twitter to supplement a conference
Facts & Figures
- Twitter Company Profile
- The State Of The Twittersphere (HubSpot Edition, Dec 22, 2008)
- Twitter Facts
- GigaTweet – realtime counter of tweets (1,000,000,000+ at the time of writing)
Tips & How Tos
Groups & Communities
- Twitter Groups
- Twitter for Moms
- Just Tweet It! – the ultimate directory of Twitters users, groups and resources.
Twitter for Education
Twitter for Journalists & Media
- Journalists, Bloggers & Media Outlets on Twitter
- Ultimate guide to Twitter tools and resources for journalists
Twitter for Non-Profits
- Twitter for Nonprofits: Waste of Time or Potentially Useful? by Beth Kanter (@kanter)
- Twitter Primer also by Beth Kanter. Make sure you follow Beth on Twitter if you are associated with any NPO, don’t miss her great insights!
- 5 Ways to Use Twitter for Good
- The Complete Guide to Twitter for Small Non-Profits by John Haydon (@johnhaydon)
Big Brands on Twitter
- To Tweet or not to Tweet: Why are so many major brands still not on Twitter? by @thebrandbuilder
- Coping with Corporate Brandjacking on Twitter by @KrisColvin
- Twitter redefining the concept of breaking news
- Twitter Venn, text snowflakes and other entertainments
- The Human Feed: How Twitter & Networks Filter Signal From Noise by @Armano
- There’s Too Many ‘Me, Me, Me’s in ‘Follow Me’ by @acclimedia
- Retweetimization by @DamienBasile
- Social Media [inc. Twitter] Accountjacking
- How to Reclaim Registered or Inactive Twitter Accounts
- Beware: Your ‘tweet’ on Twitter could be trouble